Following the success of Roger’s book “Sweet Peas: an Essential Guide” published in 2011, a second edition is available and brings us bang up to date.
*Soft cover format with 12 chapters and over 150 colour pictures
* This essential guide by Roger Parsons traces the history and development of the sweet pea, explaining how the size and vigour of the species has evolved.
* It introduces the different types of sweet pea enjoyed today and describes from a botanic perspective what a sweet pea is and how it grows.
* Guidance is given to enable gardeners to grow better sweet peas for the garden, cut flowers or exhibition, whether in the UK or elsewhere.
* Further chapters explain how to keep plants healthy, how to choose varieties and how to produce new varieties.
* A final chapter introduces other Lathyrus species.
Available from the author at £19.95 plus mailing, which can be a signed copy if preferred.
Or from any bookseller.
Published in November 2018 by The Crowood Press ISBN: 978 1 78500 533 6
Mailing costs are:
To a UK address (including islands) £3.50
To Europe £8.70
To the Rest of the World £14.00 (if order also includes seeds the cost of postage is £17.50)
To get your copy, just click on How to Order
We stock a selection of used books on sweet peas and sweet pea annuals. Stock is always changing so please ask if we have the publication you are looking for.
Our 2019/20 catalogue is now available in PDF form to downlaod below.
There are multiple ways to order from us:
Full details of each can be found on the how to order page.
All seeds on this site are £1.50 per packet (minimum 10 seeds) or £6.50 per large packet (min. 50 seeds) unless otherwise stated.
Varieties and species not currently shown on the site are £2.50 per packet, £6.50 per large packet.
Please add postage:
£1.50 per seed order to the UK and Islands;
£2.90 to Europe outside the UK
£9.00 to the rest of the world (tracked and signed where available)
Scented Collection - £13.50
10 packets from the varieties listed on our "Old-fashioned & Grandiflora" pages. You can choose or else leave it to us.
Sussex Collection - £13.50
10 packets from the varieties listed on our "Spencer" pages. You can choose or else leave it to us.
Exhibitor's Collection £29.00
5 large packets from the varieties listed on our "Spencer" pages. You can choose or else leave it to us.
The why not join the
National Sweet Pea Society