The RHS Horticultural Monograph on all species and cultivars of Lathyrus. Hard back edition, can be signed by Roger Parsons.
Lathyrus: The complete guide reveals the fascinating horticulture, botany and history of the sweet pea and its many attractive relatives. Lathyrus is a genus for all gardeners, from the dainty woodland species of spring to the spectacular summer sweet peas – this book covers them all.
– All 150 species described in detail with 95 photographs, plus a key to aid identification
– More than 500 sweet pea cultivars and 25 other Lathyrus cultivars illustrated and fully described
– Detailed history of the introduction of the sweet pea and other Lathyrus into gardens
– An account of sweet pea breeders and how they developed the sweet pea into its many modern types
– The botany and classification of the genus, including its world distribution and habitats
– The history and crop uses of Lathyrus around the world
– A checklist of around 1,200 cultivar names, 700 scientific names and 400 raisers and nurseries
– Advice on cultivation and the best ways to use sweet peas and other Lathyrus in gardens